The latest Cisco Handsets
In today's hybrid workplace, employees' communication methods and workplaces are a real mix. Whether your clients work from home, the office, or somewhere in between, it's critical that they have the tools they need to collaborate effectively with their colleagues, partners, and customers.
Finding the correct VoIP phone system for your customers can be a difficult endeavour, especially with the large range of options available.
Whatever their collaboration needs are, Cisco's Multiplatform Endpoints ensure that they have a solution that will meet them both now and as your organisation grows.
Cisco's Telephony Endpoints are not stand-alone devices. They're part of a wider ecosystem that's powered by Cisco's Webex platform, which includes Messaging, Calling, Meetings, and Contact Centre.
Featured Cisco handsets
- The phone offers an easy-to-use interface and provides a traditional telephony-like user experience
- A full-duplex speakerphone gives you flexibility in placing and receiving calls with hands free
- The analog headset jack is a standard wideband-capable RJ-9 audio port
- 5-inch color backlit display
- Headset port
- Fixed feature keys, including keypad, conference, transfer, hold, apps, directories, voice messaging and more
- Support for 5 DNs
- The phones offer an easy-to-use interface and provide a traditional telephony-like user experience
- White backlit, grayscale, 3.5-in. (9-cm) 396 x 162-pixel display
- Scrollable access to calling features and text-based XML applications
- The phone supports backlit indicators for the audio path keys (handset, headset, and speakerphone), select key, line keys, and message waiting