Siemens Technical Support Engineer
Posted on 25/09/2012
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide post and pre technical support to our internal staff and customer account base across Nycomm. A high level of Pre & Post Sales technical performance is expected in this role. The position requires an extremely effective and proactive communicator capable of prioritising and managing multiple complex tasks efficiently.
- To provide pre and post sales support to our internal staff.
- To provide pre and post sales support to our customer account base and prospective new customers including solution advice.
- To ensure that all support calls are answered promptly and inline with departmentalSLA’s.
- To attend training courses at the discretion of department management.
- To test and evaluate new products at the discretion of department management.
- To ensure the technical support portal (ticket database) is updated after every call.
- To disseminate technical documentation at the discretion of department management.
- To escalate problems to Product leads / Manufacturers when required and to update customer, department management and tech portal accordingly.
- Participate and attend dealer’s days, road shows, etc when required and help promote the Nycomm and supplier relationship.
- Provide internal and external presentations, demonstrations, training and material relevant to parties to raise the awareness and technical ability for our suppliers’ products.
- Develop and maintain good, effective working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Nycomm processes.
- Maintain full, honest and timely records.
- Respond to management requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare and deliver all relevant information / reports as defined by your manager.
- Undertake all training required by Nycomm to develop the role as required.
- Be willing to undertake all relevant supplier and technology accreditation certifications
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Positive, confident and organised.
- Receptive to change including technology and product changes.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Ability to understand customer requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple support calls and prioritise these effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS / RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Product Specific training courses.
- Good understanding of general telecoms jargon and terminology.
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN ‘s, VoIP, Networking, ISDN, PSTN, etc.
- General Fault Finding skills and process skills.
- Confident fact to face presenter / demonstrator.
- IT Literate especially with Microsoft Packages.