SIP To Overtake ISDN Within Two Years
Posted on 05/03/2014
Resellers have discovered the secrets to SIP sales success and heard how ISDN will be overtaken in the next two years by the popular connectivity protocol.
Comms specialist Nimans recently hosted two SIP Trunk workshops, including its first London-based event - part of a new dedicated SIP service. Attendees in the capital and also Manchester were told ‘now is the time’ to capture the ‘massive market potential’ - with the SMB arena set for the biggest growth, based on a strategic sales approach.
Over 20 resellers attended the first session in central London whilst a similar healthy turnout converged at Nimans’ North West headquarters a few days later. Several had not sold SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) before.
Visitors learned how the Nimans proposition gives resellers a strong and proven platform to capture a bigger share of the market - based on high calibre training and accreditation, ensuring they ‘get it right’.
Key messages from the sessions included:
- SIP connections are forecast to overtake ISDN in early 2016
- It’s not too late for resellers to get involved
- Currently there’s just 15-18% market penetration
- Massive growth last year with connections set to double in 2014
- There is a right way and a wrong way to deliver SIP
- Poor implementation undermined its reputation in the past
- Don’t sell on cost, but what SIP can do, such as disaster recovery and number portability
- Sell strategically based on the needs of your customers
One Derby-based reseller explained afterwards: “I hadn’t sold SIP before but I was obviously aware of it so I came here today to get a basic understanding. I’m definitely leaving with more confidence and will be selling it in the future. I’ve been building up a portfolio and looking for a partner that understands the market. It’s been really good today; a pure sales course that made a refreshing change from the ‘white noise’ of technical presentations. Although it’s a very complex subject Nimans made a great job of simplifying things. It’s not about seeing the potential of SIP because it’s there…. and time to grab a share of the market. So thanks for the presentation. I found it very informative and didn’t yawn once!”
Nimans is also hosting regular engineering workshops focusing on the technical side of implementing SIP; to complement the sales-based courses.