29 September 2023
Private branch exchanges (PBXs) are telephone switching systems that are typically used by businesses to manage their internal and external communications. While many businesses are now moving to cloud-based PBX systems, there are still many industries that prefer on-premises systems.
Here are some of the reasons why hotels, government agencies, financial institutions, and large enterprises still want on-premises PBX systems:
- Security and control: On-premises PBX systems give businesses complete control over their communications data. This is important for businesses that need to comply with strict data security regulations, such as financial institutions and government agencies.
- Reliability: On-premises PBX systems are typically more reliable than cloud-based PBX systems. This is because they are not reliant on an internet connection, which can be unstable or go down altogether.
- Customization: On-premises PBX systems can be customized to meet the specific needs of a business. This is important for businesses with complex communication requirements, such as hotels and large enterprises.
On-Premises PBX Systems Are More Secure
On-premises PBX systems are more secure than cloud-based PBX systems for a number of reasons. First, on-premises PBX systems are under the complete control of the business. This means that the business can choose how its data is stored and protected. Second, on-premises PBX systems are not reliant on an internet connection, which can be vulnerable to attack.
Third, on-premises PBX systems can be configured to use a variety of security features, such as encryption and firewalls. These features can help to protect the business's communication data from unauthorised access.
The NEC SV9100 is the Best Choice for On-Premises PBX Systems
The NEC SV9100 is a highly scalable and reliable on-premises PBX system that is ideal for hotels, government agencies, financial institutions, and large enterprises. It offers a wide range of features and functionality, including:
- Advanced security features: The NEC SV9100 includes a variety of advanced security features, such as encryption, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems. This helps to protect the business's communication data from unauthorized access.
- Scalability: The NEC SV9100 can be scaled to support over 800 users. This makes it ideal for businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Reliability: The NEC SV9100 is a highly reliable PBX system. It has a proven track record of performance in some of the world's most demanding environments.
- Customisation: The NEC SV9100 can be customised to meet the specific needs of a business. This includes the ability to create custom calling rules, auto attendants, and other features.
What about the 2025 switch off?
NEC offer a simple solutions - Univerge Blue Connect Bridge. This is a cloud-based service that allows businesses to connect their on-premises PBX systems to the cloud. This enables businesses to take advantage of the benefits of cloud-based communications, such as increased flexibility, scalability, and cost savings, while maintaining the security and control of their on-premises PBX systems.
In 2025, many PSTN and ISDN networks will be switched off. This means that businesses that rely on these networks for their communication needs will need to find an alternative solution. NEC UBCB can help businesses to make this transition by providing them with a seamless way to connect their on-premises PBX systems to the cloud.
For a limited time only, Nimans partners can save 25% with the SV Saver Promo
Get your hands on some Premier League discounts with your next NEC SV9100 PBX