Nimans' action plan for achieving
Sustainable Development Goals
What are the SDGs and why do we think they are important?
The SDGs provide a roadmap for creating a more sustainable future for all. By achieving the SDGs, we can end poverty, reduce inequality, protect the planet, and promote peace and prosperity for all people. The SDGs also recognise that these goals are interconnected and that progress towards one goal can help to achieve progress towards others...
Overview of the UN's 17 SDGs
Each of these goals is crucial for creating a more sustainable and prosperous future. Achieving them requires collective action and cooperation between governments, businesses, organisations, and individuals. By following the SDGs, we can create a more sustainable and equitable world for all. Here at Nimans we will be focusing on 6 of the SDGs which are are committed to positively contribute, and to have them ingrained in our business practices.
Goals we support
Health and wellbeing:
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at Nimans.
Decent Work and Economic Growth:
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Reduce inequality within and among countries.
Responsible Consumption and Production:
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Partnerships for the Goals:
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Nimans action plan for achieving SDGs
- Sustainability Audit: We began by conducting a sustainability audit to assess the company's environmental impact, social responsibility, and economic sustainability. This provided us a baseline for setting targets and tracking progress towards achieving the SDGs.
- Set SDG targets: Based on the audit, we have set SMART targets for each of the 6 SDGs that are relevant to our business. The chosen SDGs will be part of all future business decisions and company values.
- Action plan: We have set out our action plan in our One Plan white paper, which outlines the specific steps the business will take to achieve each SDG target. This includes timelines, responsible parties, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress towards the targets.
- Implement sustainable practices: We have begun, and will continue to Implement sustainable practices that align with the SDG targets. This includes initiatives such as reducing waste, increasing energy efficiency, promoting sustainable transportation options for employees, and sourcing sustainable materials and much more.
- Engage stakeholders: We will continue to engage stakeholders, including employees, suppliers, customers, and the wider community, in our sustainability efforts. This will involve hosting sustainability events, communicating sustainability initiatives through social media and other channels, and collaborating with other businesses and organisations to achieve common goals.
- Monitor and report progress: We commit to regularly monitor and report progress towards achieving the SDG targets and have all of our data independently verified by Climate Partners. This will allow us to identify areas for improvement and make adjustments to the action plan as needed. It will also help to demonstrate our commitment to sustainability to stakeholders and customers.